Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
The purpose of this position is the entry point to fill front line selling positions including Sales Utility Relief, Sales Representative Relief, Route Sales Representative and Pre-Sales Representative as openings occur. The Sales Utility position is an entry-level position for the Nestlé Direct Store Delivery (NDSD) Company selling Nestlé's frozen products.. This position will provide relief coverage to the District Sales Leader and Sales Representatives and to provide coverage for Sales Representatives in their absence. The Sales Utility may also be called on to cover open routes due to vacancies within a district. This role will provide customer service, maintain sales in store and serve as the contact person while they provide relief support to specific retail accounts.
• Work as a sales relief, filling temporary vacancies for Sales Representatives
• Will require coverage across broad geographies - may require overnight visits
• Perform Sales calls and open new accounts, as planned in conjunction with the District team
• Identify and act on selling opportunities, respond to competitor activities, maintain/increase space
• Perform merchandising responsibilities in support of Sales Reps
• Perform product resets according to agreed upon plan-o-grams and schedules
• Execute perfect service, ensure stores set to schematic, flavor to tag, execute promotional displays, and keep back stock organized ell all authorized programs as well as incremental selling opportunities
• Manages inventory and rotates product on an on-going basis in all accounts; rotates stock and replaces outdated or damaged product
• Acts with a sense of urgency to service calls from customers due to increased programming and or unforeseen circumstances, follows store service schedules
• Uses prepared sell sheets to sell programs, SKUs, distribution voids, shippers, and displays
• Ensures proper display and pricing of all products, and utilizes all available promotional materials
• Operates Company vehicles safely and courteously if needed ; responsible for all product deliveries and coordination with back room receivers and store personnel if needed
• Communicate directly with team members on issues, openly share ideas with others, encourage performance in others, give feedback when needed, train new employees when applicable
JOB ESSENTIALS/ ATTRIBUTES:
• Drive business growth, drive for results, win in the market place
• Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
• Maintains high activity / productivity level. Operates with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
• Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity).
• Strives to understand the details. Balances, analyzes and takes appropriate action.
• Communication - presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and store personnel.
• Team Work: Can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole.
• Manage job professionally and with a high level of organization
• Able to effectively deal with change and adversity in the work place
• Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent results while building organization capabilities.
• Able to practice safe working habits at all time
• Solid planning and organization skills
• Detail oriented with exceptional follow through
The Nestlé DSD Company operates all Direct Store Delivery (DSD) operations for Nestlé USA. The division serves Nestlé's frozen products, including the field DSD sales organization, supply chain planning and execution, and centers of excellence like Go-To-Market, Human Resources, and Finance.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Must be at least 21 years old
• High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
• Must have a valid Class B CDL with airbrake endorsement meeting DOT requirements or a Class B permit and be able to obtain a Class B CDL and airbrake endorsement within 30 days of hire
• Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, physical and motor vehicle report for moving violations.
• Some travel coverage across broad geographies and potential overnight visits
• Willing to work over 40 hours when required
• Ability to work weekends and Holidays if needed
• Must have basic math and computer skills
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• Retail Representative and /or Reset experience preferred
• Willing to work in extreme temperatures and maneuver in retail/warehouse/customer freezers.
• Hands/Arms: Frequent use of both hands/arms above shoulder reaching while stocking products. Frequent use of both hands/arms throughout work shift while forward reaching, handling, gripping, power grasping, fingering, and above shoulder reaching while stocking ice cream products.
• Bending/Twisting: Frequently, at waist 30 - 50 degrees while loading/unloading items from carts to freezer shelves and performing back room stocking duties off loading pallets of frozen products to freezer carts.
• Kneeling/Crouching: Occasionally, while stocking of freezer display shelves or off loading pallets at floor level and while picking orders off the trucks and placing them on the carts.
• Balance: Wet and icy conditions in freezer units and condensation on tile floors as well as leaning into freezer units to stock shelves.
• Push/Pull: Frequently, using both hands and arms while moving materials via wheeled cart, exerting a force up to 15 - 35 pounds, depending on surface/slope. Rarely up to 35 - 75 pounds of force moving palletized load using pallet jack.
• Standing/Walking: Frequently, while performing some duties in customer location walking up to four hours per shift on concrete surface. Stepping on and off of the back of the truck when loading product.
• Lift/Carry: Frequently, 1 - 5 pounds individual ice cream products up to 800 - 1000 items per stop or 2,500 - 4,000 items daily, no carrying. Occasionally (15%) up to 40 pounds boxed pizza and/or 6-8 packs ice creamproduct from pallet to freezer rack or six-wheel cart, carry short distance up to six feet. Repetitive lifting/carrying 10 - 35 pounds of product in boxes from racking unit to the pallet or cart.
• Sitting: Continuously while driving vehicle in between scheduled stops. Potential for awkward posture during entry and exit of vehicle and vibration of vehicle when in motion.
• Loading/Unloading: Frequently moving head and neck while loading/unloading items from vehicle to carts, carts to freezer shelves and performing back room stocking duties offloading pallets of products to freezer carts.
• Climbing: Rarely or not at all - depending on employee height and store setup/location, using small step ladder.
• Head and Neck: Frequently, moving head and neck while loading/unloading items from vehicle to carry aids, carry aids to freezer shelves and performing back room stocking duties, and off - loading pallets of products to freezer carry aids.
• Location: Work is performed at customer locations selling and delivering products and operating commercial vehicle en route to customer locations.
• Hazards: Driving a variety of vehicles in all types of weather, slippery surfaces, lifting hazards, exposure to moving vehicles and equipment, traffic hazards, fall hazard from work on dock and tailgate, fuel line rupture, hydraulic hose failure, fumes, odors and some bouncing, jarring, vibration from truck operation.
• Machinery: Moving machinery, such as bailers, compactors and potentially fork trucksTools/Equipment Used: Company vehicle/truck, hand truck, carton cutter, carts, cleaning supplies, hand-held computer.
• Safety Equipment: Seat belts, gloves, safety shoes as required.
• Temperature: Work regularly in cold temperatures (-20 degrees F) up to 20 minutes 5 - 7 times a day.
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that an incumbent in this job may be required to perform. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
Nestlé Direct Store Delivery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
Category: Sales\Sales Services