Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Senior Packaging Designer (FOOD)
Job Code: 3576
Division: Anthem Worldwide
Location: MINNEAPOLIS, MN US
Travel Involved: 0-10%
Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: Senior
Education: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Schawk, Inc., (NYSE: SGK), is a leading provider of brand point management services, enabling companies of all sizes to connect their brands with consumers to create deeper brand affinity. With a global footprint of more than 60 offices, Schawk helps companies create compelling and consistent brand experiences by providing integrated strategic, creative and executional services across brand touchpoints. Founded in 1953, Schawk is trusted by many of the world's leading organizations to help them achieve global brand consistency.
Anthem Worldwide, a Schawk Strategic Design Company, is an integrated global network that provides innovative solutions to articulate, unify and manage brand impact. Anthem creates compelling brand experiences by aligning its strategic, creative and executional talent worldwide with the business needs of companies seeking a competitive advantage. Anthem offers a full range of branding and design services to our clients including Campbell's, Coca-Cola, E-Mart, Foster's, General Electric, Hbc, Kimberly-Clark, Microsoft, Nestl�, Procter & Gamble, Revlon, Safeway and Unilever. With our network of world-class design professionals in 11 offices, Anthem is presently located in Chicago, Cincinnati, London, Melbourne, New Jersey, New York, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, and York (U.K.).
The Senior Packaging Designer will support client brand designrequirements for multiple business lines that include printcollateral, food packaging, seasonal advertising and some web media. Must be able to concept and produce strong packaging at a quick rate.Must have basic knowledge of building production ready files. Lookingfor someone who is self-motivated and wants to contribute to agrowing team. Must understand the importance of quality standards andhas a dedication to implementing them.
* Develop Creative.
* Maintain workflow systems.
* Provide strategic consultation.
* Training and development.
* Researching and developing existing and emerging
* Sketching into the computer.
* Translate ideas from concept into actual, on-brand
* Partner with Merchandising in order to get the best
product delivered on time and on budget.
* Maintain a constant knowledge of week-to-week sales and
through new designs.
* Produce continuously strong packages at a quick
* Applies advanced knowledge of graphic design to complex
* Plans and executes original graphic design assignments
specification and concepts provided.
* Develops concepts for graphic package design
* Develops new design formats.
* Applies advanced typography specifications to page
* Act independently to determine methods and procedures
management approval, sets quality standards and leads in their
* Considerable judgment and initiative are required in
problems and making recommendations on complex technical
manufacturing and production issues.
* Assist Management in the development or adaptation of
operations processes for greater efficiently or improved quality
recommends new ideas/approaches for own department.
* May act as team lead involving the coordination of
operations for a group of employees.
* Serves as a technical resource to coworkers and other
of own work group.
Qualifications / Requirements
* Incumbents typically have a BFA degree in graphic design.
* 8+ years of graphic design experience.
* Advanced proficiency with a wide variety of tools, equipment
and industry standard software. Mainly Illustrator and Photoshop.
* Skilled user of tools and equipment viewed as the �go to�
person for answering technical questions in a functional area.
* Advanced capabilities in design principle and typography
* Intimately understand the customer and the brand.
* Proficiency in all relative graphic design software willingness
to train where software deficiencies are identified.
* Familiarity with a variety of operating systems, web browsers
and platforms including Windows and Mac OS.
* Production experience is highly desirable
Personal Performance Factors
* Integrity/Ethics - deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
* Perseverance - targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
* Adaptability/Flexibility - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
* Teamwork - Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
* Initiative - Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
How did you hear about this job?--AquentCareerbuilderCareernet.comCraigslistCreative GroupCreative HotlistCurrent EmployeeDiceDirect SourcingEmployee ReferralFacebookFriend/Word of MouthHotJobs.comJob FairJobFoxLinkedInMonster.comNot SpecifiedOtherOther Job BoardOur HomepagePrevious EmployeeTwitter
Email this job to a friend!
Your friend's email address:
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will allow you to login if you are a returning user or create a Resume Profile if you are a first time user.)
Applicant Tracking Software